The Darien Chamber of Commerce offers opportunities to enhance business and career success for local retailers, national retail chains, national and community banks, professional service firms and consultants and not-for-profit service organizations. In return, Chamber members demonstrate their support to the Chamber mission of taking a leadership role in supporting the business community and quality of life in Darien.
Opportunities to Promote Your Business
- New Members are posted on the home page of the Chamber website for four weeks
- New Members receive complimentary business description shown in the monthly Chamber E-Bulletin sent to over 450 members and business associates.
- Chamber assisted “Ribbon Cutting” ceremonies for business entry into community.
- Listing in the Chamber Annual Membership Directory and Resource Guide (alphabetical and classified) distributed to all Darien homes and businesses by Darien Times (20,000 readership) and hand delivered to new residents by “New Neighbors”. The Directory is also available at Town Hall and given out through local real estate agents.
- Listing on Chamber Website Member Directory (alphabetical and classified) including member logo which is hot-linked to Your Website.
- Receipt of business referrals from Chamber members
- Participation in Chamber town-wide Gift Certificate Program
- Press Releases for members in Business Announcements section of monthly E-Bulletin (when space is available).
- Chamber assisted “Ribbon Cutting” ceremonies to new and existing businesses
- Chamber participation in improving your businesses “search-ability” on the web
- Social Media postings, Retweets, and LinkedIn comments that increase the inter-connections that “spider bots” from search engines respond to
Member Networking Opportunities
- Opportunity to host and/or attend monthly Chamber “Business After-Hours ” (BAH), Breakfast events and other networking events.
- Attend or exhibit your product/services at the annual “Regional Business Networking Exposition” sponsored by Chambers of Commerce of Darien, Stamford, Norwalk, Westport/Weston, Fairfield and Bridgeport
- Attend any Multi-chamber event to network with Fairfield County businesses
- Member Logo on Chamber website ($25 or $50 one time charge for logo placement)
- Member advertisements in Chamber Annual Membership Directory. (for additional charge)
- Listing for retailers and restaurants in the Shop & Dine Tri-fold brochure
- Advertise in annual Sidewalk Sales newspaper insert delivered and read by over 20,000 in Darien and surrounding towns (for additional charge)
Chamber Premier Chamber Events
- Annual “Wine-Tasting & Auction Benefit” benefiting Chamber Charitable Foundation for Scholarships and Holiday Lighting and selected local charities
- Annual Darien Sidewalk Sales and Family Fun Days
- Shop Small Saturday-promoting shopping throughout Darien –First Saturday after Thanksgiving
- “Holiday Magic in Darien” with DHS singers, treats, and a visit with Santa at Grove Street Plaza.
- Darien “Going for Green”: involves, businesses, Darien High School and the community in this annual environmental project
- Chamber hosted Business Educational Workshops and Forums presented by regional business leaders
- Chamber Website portal to access schedules of regional business lectures, symposiums and workshops
Local Government Liaison
- Chamber business liaison with Town of Darien and with Hartford
- Access to US Chamber of Commerce online Small Business Center
- Discounts through partnership with the US Chamber of Commerce
Other Chamber Benefits
- B.A.S. (Business Alert System) participation with Darien Police Department to protect your business. Decal available to Chamber members only.
- Eligibility for annual scholarship to Chamber member families and Chamber member employees
- Chamber Membership Decal demonstrating “Seal of Good Business” in Darien
- 15% Discount on regular priced merchandise at Brooks Brothers with Darien Chamber Member activation. More on “Double Days”.
- Brown Thayer Shedd Insurance Agency-offers an independent evaluation of your current insurance coverage to make sure your coverage is appropriate for your needs.
- 10% Discount on Automotive Repairs at Darien Auto Specialists.
- Free $750 in-home consultation and design of one room for Listed Darien Chamber members with DEANE, Inc.-Rooms Everlasting
- 10% Discount at Chocolate Works of Darien.
- Daytripping Dogs, LLC-Free one 30 min dog walk or one night house sitting. Must be scheduled in advance; Darien, New Canaan, Northern Stamford areas only.
- Dental Specialists of Darien-Free Cosmetic Consultation (Teeth Whitening, Invisalign, Veneers, Crowns etc)
- 25% Discount at Le Boudoir on a “Blow-out” Hair Styling to DCC Members.
- Host an event for a group at LYMBR to learn the health benefits of stretching. Contact Darien@beLYMBR.com for more information. Available to all chamber members.
- 10% off trip fee (excluding tips and tolls) for Regency Limousine
- Inner Light is offering to listed Chamber member a first time visit 25 minute Express Session free! Call in and say you’re a Darien Chamber Member or use code DARIENCHAMBER online at checkout.
- DARIEN YMCA—A 15% discount on membership for Chamber members and their employees is available. This membership is available for payment on an annual or monthly basis and includes use of pool, wellness center with cardio and weight machines, 100 classes a week, and weight training room with crossfit equipment and free weights and more. Call the Chamber for more details.
- Michael Joseph’s Catering and Fine Foods-10% off catering/food orders over $100 to DCC Members.
- Noble House Digital Media Group will meet with Chamber members for a one-to-one personal review of your digital marketing strategy with a follow up recommendation given at no charge.
- Regency Limousine-10% off trip fee excluding tolls and tip.
- Members can take advantage of insurance programs available through the Chamber Insurance Trust (www.CITrust.com), contact Steven Glick (203) 795-9756 for more information.
- Williams & Company Day Spa-“10% discount on service, product and gift certificate” (TIP excluded). When making your appointment or at check out, please mention the chamber business you are associated with for eligibility.