The Darien Chamber of Commerce offers opportunities to enhance business and career success for local retailers, national retail chains, national and community banks, professional service firms and consultants and not-for-profit service organizations. In return, Chamber members demonstrate their support to the Chamber mission of taking a leadership role in supporting the business community and quality of life in Darien.
Opportunities to Promote Your Business
- New Members are posted on the home page of the Chamber website for four weeks
- New Members receive complimentary business description shown in the monthly Chamber E-Bulletin sent to over 450 members and business associates.
- New Darien Chamber of Commerce members may contribute a 200-word business profile feature in Darien Neighbors Magazine including a photo for free! (Subject to space availability, specific issue months or location within the magazine can not be guaranteed.) Contact: Demian Haas at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 203-832-3740.
- Chamber assisted “Ribbon Cutting” ceremonies for business entry into community
- Listing in the Chamber Annual Membership Directory and Resource Guide (alphabetical and classified) distributed to all Darien homes and businesses by Darien Times (20,000 readership) and hand delivered to new residents by “New Neighbors”. The Directory is also available at Town Hall and given out through local real estate agents.
- Listing on Chamber Website Member Directory (alphabetical and classified) including member logo which is hot-linked to Your Website.
- Receipt of business referrals from Chamber members
- Participation in Chamber town-wide Gift Certificate Program
- Press Releases for members in Business Announcements section of monthly E-Bulletin.
- Chamber assisted “Ribbon Cutting” ceremonies to new and existing businesses
- Chamber participation in improving your businesses “search-ability” on the web via Comments, Likes, Postings
- Social Media postings, Retweets, and LinkedIn comments that increase the inter-connections that “spider bots” from search engines respond to
Member Networking Opportunities
- Opportunity to host and/or attend monthly Chamber “Business After-Hours ” (BAH), Breakfast events and other networking events.
- Attend or exhibit your product/services at the annual “Regional Business Networking Exposition” sponsored by Chambers of Commerce of Darien, Stamford, Norwalk, Westport/Weston, Fairfield and Bridgeport.
- Attend any Multi-chamber event to network with Fairfield County businesses.
- Member Logo on Chamber website ($25 one time charge for logo placement) and on Chamber e-mail special bulletins (for additional charge)
- Member advertisements in Chamber Annual Membership Directory. (for additional charge). Listing for retailers and restaurants in the Shop & Dine Tri-fold brochure.
- Advertise in annual Sidewalk Sales newspaper insert delivered and read by over 20,000 in Darien and surrounding towns
Chamber Premier Chamber Events
- Annual “Wine-Tasting & Charity Auction” benefiting Chamber Charitable Foundation for Scholarships and Holiday Lighting and selected local charities
- Annual Darien Sidewalk Sales
- Shop Small Saturday-promoting shopping throughout Darien –First Saturday after Thanksgiving
- “Holiday Magic in Darien” with DHS singers, treats, and a visit with Santa at Grove Street Plaza.
- Darien “Going for Green”: involves, businesses, Darien High School and the community in this annual environmental project
- Chamber hosted Business Educational Workshops and Forums presented by regional business leaders
- Chamber Website portal to access schedules of regional business lectures, symposiums and workshops
Local Government Liaison
- Chamber business liaison with Town of Darien and with Hartford
- Access to US Chamber of Commerce online Small Business Center
- Discounts through partnership with the US Chamber of Commerce
Other Chamber Benefits
- Members can take advantage of insurance programs available through the Chamber Insurance Trust (www.CITrust.com), contact Steven Glick (203) 795 9756 for more information.
- B.A.S. (Business Alert System) participation with Darien Police Department to protect your business. Decal available to Chamber members only.
- Eligibility for annual scholarship to Chamber member families and Chamber member employees
- Chamber Membership Decal demonstrating “Seal of Good Business” in Darien
- 15% Discount on regular priced merchandise at Brooks Brothers with Darien Chamber Member activation. More on “Double Days”.
- 10% Discount on Automotive Repairs at Darien Auto Specialists.
- 15% Discounted Annual Adult Membership fee at Darien YMCA to listed Chamber member and their employees only.
- 10% off catering/food orders of over $100 at Michael-Joseph’s Catering and Fine Foods.
- 10% Discount at Chocolate Works of Darien.
- 25% Discount at Le Boudoir on a “Blow-out” Hair Styling to DCC Members.
- 10% off trip fee (excluding tips and tolls) for Regency Limousine
- 15% off to Members for advertising at Coffee News of CT.
- Stepping Stones Children’s Museum-10%off membership and private event rentals to listed DCC Members.
- DARIEN YMCA—A 15% discount on membership for Chamber members and their employees is available. This membership is available for payment on an annual or monthly basis and includes use of pool, wellness center with cardio and weight machines, 100 classes a week, and weight training room with crossfit equipment and free weights and more. A guest pass for 3 visits comes with the membership, and also included is a fitness dept. assessment/orientation.The individual should come in to sign up at the front desk like any other member and fill out the membership paperwork. It’s important they mention they are asking for the Chamber Members Discount up front (a note or ID would be helpful to see – but not imperative). The front desk will apply the 15% discount on just the employee’s membership. The family would not be entitled to the same discount on membership or programs, but the second adult or child added onto the membership already has family add-on discounted rates. The children, if there are any, would be considered member kids and entitled to priority registration rates and privileges at no extra membership cost to the town employee. Visit the Darien YMCA’s website for details at www.darien-ymca.org.