Assistant Shop Manager should be:
· Hardworking and passionate about plants, flowers, customer service, and plant care
· Detail oriented, organized, strong with time-management and prioritizing tasks.
· Have a take action, productive team player and a ‘can do’ mentality.
· Able to communicate, troubleshoot team issues and follow directions from and report to Floral/ Giftware Manager, as well as delegate to the floral team
. Professional and friendly among customers and staff.
· Support the sales floor by providing the highest level of plant care. Including watering, pruning, removing plants and flowers that are past their prime. Delegating our watering schedule to the rest of the team to ensure maintenance everyday.
. Provide high quality customer service to our customers, and be able to cross sell between Floral and Giftware. Educating our customers and employees on plant care and maintenance. Take custom floral arrangements orders and be a liaison between customers and the designer.
· Administrative support to the manager by conducting inventory monthly, organizing online & event orders, and ordering balloons for all occasions, ensuring the department is fully stocked at all times
· Purchasing house plants and supplies to support the department, this includes; gift wrapping supplies, helium, vases for arrangements, and plant tools
. Following through with vendor issues and claims when needed.
. Assist the Manager with staffing and scheduling conflicts , ensuring the sales floor is always covered
. Manage the flower bar maintenance, replenishment, and pricing
. Assist with the growth of social media presence and website by bringing fresh ideas and contributing to our platforms.