The Darien Chamber platform has been reshaped to help our members connect with local residents and promote all the wonderful products and services that make living in Darien so special.
As a member of the DCC you join over 275 members contributing to the future of Darien. In addition to the contribution you are making to the economic vitality of our community, your membership entitles you to a host of valuable benefits. Click here for a printable version of member benefits.
- Upon joining you receive a New Member Announcement. Your profile is featured on the home page of the Chamber website, social media and in our e-newsletter sent to all members and Darien residents.
- We are happy to organize a “Ribbon Cutting” ceremony for businesses coming into the community. Upon your choosing, this may or may not accompany a grand opening or open house event you are planning.
Live Darien CT Communnity Mobile App
After a year in development, we are excited to launch Darien’s first, community mobile app bringing the town’s resources together in one place including everything from restaurants, shopping and leisure to local government, recreation, and real estate listings.
The app will host a “EAT/SHOP/PLAY/WORK-LIVE” format, with key features including our Member Directory and the Darien Community Calendar. Current real estate listings, town amenities, town resources, job postings, emergency services, and more are also part of the app. Darien Dollars, the new town wide gift certificate program, will now offer gift deliveries and redemptions via text or email on the app. As a current Chamber member, your business will automatically be added to the app directory.
Community Calendar & Events
Please submit your events to our Community Calendar. Your event will be featured on the app at PLAY –> Events and in our e-newsletters and social media.
To submit an event:
Your business will automatically be added to the website directory and app. We are offering upgraded listings on the app and website for $100 per year. An upgraded app listing can be customized by you to suit your business needs including: direct links to social media, maps, business hours, enhanced description and custom buttons for website links. You also have the ability to send push notifications for sale alerts and customer reminders. Your website upgraded listing is listed as a "Featured Listing" in the directory offering an enhanced business description and photos. .
Annual Chamber Awards & Nomination Forms
Please download the following forms to nominate your choice for Chamber Business, Volunteer or Employee of the Year. Nominations are open to all Chamber members, or those who volunteer for a Chamber member, and are due November 1st. Winners are expected to attend the Annual Awards and Holiday Cheer Event in November to accept their award.
Here are the categories, descriptions can be found on the form:
“Employee of the Year”
“Business of the Year”
"Volunteer of the Year"
"Youth Volunteer of the Year" (17 or younger)
Chamber Communications & Social Media
- Newsletters are emailed to members and Darien residents monthly profiling new members, announcing Chamber events, community events, local news, business resources and more.
- We love to share, re-gram and post on your behalf on our social media accounts. Make sure you tag us @darienctchamber to be reposted!
- Every member receives a Chamber Membership Window Decal demonstrating “Seal of Good Business” in Darien.
College/Post College Scholarships
College Scholarships: Chamber members and their family may apply for either of the two merit based, Darien Chamber scholarships each valued at $2,000, awarded annually. The Penny Glassmeyer STEM award and the General Education award are both funded by the Darien Chamber Charitable Foundation. To apply, click here.
For more information and donating to the Darien Chamber Charitable Foundation to support the Holiday Lights and/or College Scholarship Programs, click here.