The Darien Chamber platform has been reshaped to help our members connect with local residents and promote all the wonderful products and services that make living in Darien so special.
As a member of the DCC you join over 275 members contributing to the future of Darien. In addition to the contribution you are making to the economic vitality of our community, your membership entitles you to a host of valuable benefits. Click HERE for a printable version of member benefits.
- Upon joining you receive a New Member Announcement. Your profile is featured on the home page of the Chamber website, social media and in our monthly e-newsletter sent to all members and Darien residents.
- We are happy to organize a Ribbon Cutting photo for businesses coming into the community. Upon your choosing, this may or may not accompany your grand opening or open house event you are planning. Monday-Thurs., only.
Join us for one of our many Business Before or After Hours events. Usually held quarterly we encourage you come out, grab a cocktail or cup of coffee and some provisions and make new contacts or connect with old. If you would like to host an event please contact email@example.com.
- State of Darien Breakfast with the Darien Board of Realtors
- Business After Hours Networking and Professional Development events
- New Connections Breakfast Networking event with the New Canaan Chamber
- Annual Awards Event at Nielsen's Florist
RSVP is required and a 24 hour cancellation is appreciated.
Networking events are free to all members and usually run 5:30-7pm. Breakfasts run 7:30-9am.
Town Wide Gift Certificate Program
Be on the list that people receive when gifted a town wide gift certificate. Now your place of business is an option for them to redeem their certificates. Keeping dollars in Darien!
A shopper will come in and use a Chamber Gift certificate as cash for purchase. Simply take the certificate and give them the proper change in cash. Call the Chamber and we will pick up the certificate(s) ASAP and cut you check. No fees involved.
Every establishment where you can redeem, has a special icon noted on its listing on the website and app.
Gift certificates are ideal for all ages of your family, teachers, coaches, business associates and more! If you would like to buy in bulk or pre-order, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For sale at DR Bank, 1001 Post Road, Darien. Cash/Check only.
Live Darien CT Mobile App
Explore Darien’s only, community mobile app bringing the town’s resources together in one place, including everything from restaurants, shopping and leisure to local government, recreation, and real estate listings.
The app hosts a “EAT/SHOP/PLAY/WORK-LIVE” format, with key features including our Member Directory and the Darien Community Calendar. Current real estate listings, town amenities, town resources, job postings, emergency services, and more are also part of the app. As a Chamber member, your business will automatically be added to the app directory and upgrades are available.
Community Calendar & Events
Please submit your events to our Community Calendar. Your event will be featured on the app at PLAY –> Events and in our monthly e-newsletters and social media posts.
E-Blasts & Advertising with the Chamber
Advertising, e-Blasts and Sponsorship Opportunities with the Chamber - increase your exposure in Darien:
- You can advertise on our website and the Live Darien CT app to increase your exposure to anyone looking for local information and town resources.
- Upgrade your directory listing on the website and Darien CT app
- Become an event sponsor including Chamber Jam, Sidewalk Sales, Professional Development Series, Darien Welcome Totes, and more.
- Become an Annual Elite or Select Chamber Sponsor
- e-Blasts can be sent on your behalf from our Constant Contact database to 7,000 emails in Darien. $75 per blast. Date and time must be mutually agreed upon.
Email email@example.com with questions or to get started!
A two-for-one special! Your business will automatically be added to the website directory and app. We are offering upgraded listings on the app and website for $100 per year. An upgraded app listing can be customized by you to suit your business needs including: direct links to social media, maps, business hours, enhanced description and custom buttons for website links. You also have the ability to send push notifications for sale alerts and customer reminders. Your website upgraded listing is listed as a "Featured Listing" in the directory offering an enhanced business description and photos. .
Annual Chamber Awards & Nomination Forms
Please download the following forms to nominate your choice for Chamber Business, Volunteer or Employee of the Year. Nominations are open to all Chamber members, or those who volunteer for a Chamber member, and are due November 1st. Winners are expected to attend the Annual Awards and Holiday Cheer Event in November to accept their award.
Here are the categories, descriptions can be found on the form:
“Employee of the Year”
“Business of the Year”
"Volunteer of the Year"
"Youth Volunteer of the Year" (17 or younger)
Darien Welcome Bags for New Home Owners
The Chamber is offering gift totes to welcome new families to Darien upon buying a house. The totes are full of goodies and helpful information provided by you, Chamber members. Item giveaways can include samples, coupons, products, gift cards, useful items for the home and/or anything that will encourage a new Darien resident to visit your store or place of business.
Member participation is FREE for Year One 2023/2024.
• We plan to give away approximately 50-100 bags year one (2023). Items are needed from you and must fit in a standard size reusable grocery bag. One item per bag.
• Items/product must be non-perishable or have a shelf-life of 6-12 months.
• Items will need to be dropped at Hollow Tree Self Storage where the bags will be assembled. We will deliver the bags to the Darien real estate firms who will get them to their new home owners.
• There will be no fee to participate in year one. Depending on the success of the program, next year may include a participation fee and option to be a bag sponsor.
Questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Chamber Communications & Social Media
- e-Newsletters are emailed to members and Darien residents the first of the month profiling new members, announcing Chamber events, community events, local news, business resources and more.
- We love to share, re-gram and post on your behalf on our social media accounts. Make sure you tag us @darienctchamber to be reposted!
- Every member receives a Chamber Membership Window Decal demonstrating “Seal of Good Business” in Darien.
- See above about sending e-blasts to our membership.
College/Post College Scholarships
Chamber members, an employees and an employee's family are all eligible to apply for either of the two merit based, Darien Chamber scholarships, each valued at $2,000 and awarded annually:
1) The Penny Glassmeyer STEM Award and
2) The General Education Award.
Both awards are are funded by the Darien Chamber Charitable Foundation and our generous community.
For more information and donating to the Darien Chamber Charitable Foundation to support the Holiday Lights and/or College Scholarship Programs:
Community Job Board - post your open positions
Community Job Board & Job Postings: Post open positions on our website and app. This is a free resource to all Chamber members. Posts expire after 30 days, so our jobs page is always up to date! We encourage residents to post here as well who are seeking work or looking to hire making our job board a community wide offering of employment.